Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - April 24, 2013 Edition




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that highlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This weeks pre-publication "can't wait to read" selection is One Dead Cookie (A Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery #4) by Virginia Lowell



One Dead Cookie
by Virginia Lowell 


Publisher:  Berkley Publishing
Expected Releases Date: July 2, 2013

Pre- order Links:  Amazon Print         Kindle 


Book Description:

Olivia Greyson is the proud owner of The Gingerbread House—a quaint shop that specializes in all things cookie—and her best friend, Maddie, is her sidekick, baking up scrumptious treats for their cookie-themed parties. But a dead body on their front porch might put their bake shop in a truly sticky situation…

Olivia is busy baking up special cookies for Maddie’s upcoming engagement party when soap star Trevor Lane shows up unexpectedly in town. It soon becomes clear that Trevor, who grew up in the neighboring town of Twiterton, left behind a number of enemies with long memories. Even Trevor’s assistant and childhood friend, Dougie, seems to harbor a grudge against him.

Soon after his arrival, Trevor is found dead on The Gingerbread House porch, his handsome face branded with the image of a cookie cutter. When their friend Stacey is implicated in the murder, Olivia and Maddie rush to find the killer. Because it seems someone in Chatterley Heights has a sweet tooth for revenge...







Why I'm waiting on this book:

1. I have the first three books in the series in my tbr and plan to read them back to back
2. Love the premise
3. Cute, cozy mystery cover




What's your "waiting on" pick this week? 



Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog and leave your link below or if you don't have a blog, leave it below in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I'll definitely be adding this to my list because an image of a cookie cutter on the victims face is just too imaginative to pass up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read a cozy for awhile but this looks really cute. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds intriguing!

    -Brad @ BookYAReview
    My WoW

    (new follower, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria! Love your graphic, love your book choice and love how you share your reasoning behind your choice!

    Come by my blog for my WOW this week on SnifferWalk Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I haven't heard of this series before, but does it ever sound cute?! So nice to hear you think so highly of the series! I'll have to look into it, I think. Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete