Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - April 16, 2013


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week my TT is from Elfhome (Elfhome #3) by Wen Spencer



Near the beginning on my Kindle:

     The director of the EIA answered his phone with a barked, "Maynard".
     "I have bombs in the Squirrel Hill Tunnels," Tinker told him.
     There was a long pause, and then Maynard asked in overly polite High Elvish.  "Tinker ze domi, why are you 
     going to blow up the tunnels?". 




Book Three of the Elfhome series, the follow-up to exciting Wolf Who Rules and the award-winning fantasy-SF novel that started it all,Tinker.  Elfhome.  A world of powerful magic, beautiful elves, man-eating trees, frost-breathing wargs, and god-like dragons. Pittsburgh. A city that has been stranded deep in virgin elfin forest to stave off an invasion by the merciless oni. Its population of sixty thousand humans and a handful of elves are pitted in war that will only end in genocide. Winter is coming. Supplies are running low. All political ties are fraying. Hidden somewhere in Pittsburgh's crumbling neighborhoods, a vanguard of oni are growing in number and attacking from the shadows. 

And children are disappearing.

Girl genius Tinker was once a human orphan, growing up on the Pittsburgh streets. Now she's an elf princess with all the bells and whistles. She rules over a melting pot of humans, elves, half-oni, and the crow-like tengu. Prejudices are rampant, pitting even the elves against each other. Hoverbike races, concerts of rock and roll fused with elf music, and artist communes of human and elves are proof that Pittsburgh can be a place where races and species can meet and meld in freedom.

Tinker is determined to make her city a place of such freedom. She's going to have to kick butt and take names. And she has to do it quickly. Seven elf children are already missing -- and the oni eat their prisoners when they outlive their usefulness.

Tinker uncovers ancient secrets and a web of betrayal as she searches for the children. The oni will stop at nothing to win, so neither can she. At five foot nothing, Tinker's greatest weapon has always been her intelligence. Politics, she discovers, is a battle of wits, and she's heavily armed.





PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. lolz, I like the saound of that. ^^ Thanks for sharing. My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this series but I need to catch up on the latest books. Come see my teasers for Sharp by Alex Hughes and The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. I've never heard of this series before. Sounds like an action packed adventure. Nice teasers. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't say I've heard of this series before, but glad you are enjoying it. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this, sounds cute! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series is new to me...thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome teasers! :D I've not heard of this book before - it looks quite good. I love the cover, too! ^.^ Thanks for sharing your teasers for this week, and for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey this book is on my TBR list. Nice teaser!


    Sonia Lal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting! I haven't heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, looks like a good fantasy read. :) Thank you!!

    I also have a teaser up if you'd like to stop by...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-159.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser -- sounds like a book I might enjoy! Here's my TT post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like it is probably a pretty funny read - seems like there's some good sarcasim there. Reminds me a little of Artemis Fowl. Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete