Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - May 22, 2013 Edition




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that highlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This weeks pre-publication "can't wait to read" selection is Seductionin Silk (Malloren World #13) by Jo Beverly


Seduction in Silk
By Jo Beverly
Malloren, #13

Publisher: Signet Eclipse
Expected Release Date: August 6, 2013 

Genre: Historical/Georgian 
Buy Link: Amazon

Description:  

From five-time RITA Award winner Jo Beverley comes an exciting new novel set in the scintillatingly wicked Georgian age. Two lives are thrown into chaos by a centuries old feud and a wicked curse.

SEDUCTION IN SILK

Peregrine Perriam, son of an earl, has no desire to marry, but when he’s named heir to Perriam Manor, he finds he has only a month to persuade a stranger, Claris Mallow, to the altar or the property will be lost to his family forever, and his line will be cursed.

Having survived her parents’ tormented marriage, Claris prefers poverty to any husband. When a high-born stranger demands her hand, she drives him off at pistol point.

Perry finds weapons of his own, however, and soon Claris is compelled to accept his proposal. But she does so on her own terms—especially that the marriage be in name only. Once mistress of Perriam Manor, however, she discovers she isn’t immune to Perry’s charms. Perhaps a real marriage might be worth the risk—including a real marriage bed…





Why I’m waiting on this book:

1. I’m a huge fan of Ms. Beverly’s work and this series in particular.
2. I have been waiting for “Perry’s” story
3. The cover screams “Classy and Sexy”



What’s Your “Waiting on Wednesday” Pick this week?

Want to participate?  Grab the logo , post your own “WoW” entry on your blog and leave your link below or if you don’t have a blog, leave your entry below in the comments. 

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cover! And the blurb has reeled me in....enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, even though I'm not fond of Historicals the blurb does sound interesting! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Diayll @Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover and title...and a strong heroine! Nice! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like another good one and I love her lavender dress!

    Come on by Harlie's Books and see what we have up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so enjoy historical romance... of course, Rebecca Zanetti's Forgotten Sins caught my eye and I was all ---'squirrel'...... ;)

    Come on by SnifferWalk Books and see what I have up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, very nice! I haven't read a whole lot of these books lately, but I'm always down for a good historical romance!

    Thanks for visiting my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any books by this author, but this sounds pretty good! Adding it to my TBR, thanks!

    Melissa @ LilyElement

    ReplyDelete