Welcome to my stop on the Holiday Gifts of Love Blog Hop. I'm going to talk a little about my families Christmas and New Years traditions and share my favorite cookie recipe too.
We have THREE grand prizes. You can go to EACH blog and comment with your email address and be entered to win. Yep, you can enter over 200 times!
Now what are those prizes?
1st Grand Prize: A Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet - Open to US and International Entries
2nd Grand Prize: A $200 Amazon or B&N Gift Card - Open to US and International Entries
3rd Grand Prize: A Swag Pack that contains paperbacks, ebooks, 50+ bookmarks, cover flats, magnets, pens, coffee cozies, and more! - Open to U.S. Residents Only!
Please make sure you leave your email address with your entry. No email address.....No Entry!
My Family Traditions
We try to get together every holiday but with 2 of my 3 sisters out of town, it can be difficult. It's become somewhat of a tradition to celebrate Christmas with my youngest sister in town with my parents at her house, we either get together for Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas Day brunch. We usually have a nice ham, two different kind of potato dishes (mashed/hash browns and sweet potato), lots of crescent rolls (usually at least 40), sometimes we'll have scrambled eggs, a non-alcoholic Trader's punch to drink and then all kind of cookies and other yummy desserts to eat.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies (Courtesy of Crisco)
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I sometimes cheat and add more)
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour (or whatever brand you have)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional but I love them)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
DON'T FORGET.......TO ENTER THE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING YOU MUST LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. NO EMAIL - NO ENTRY. To Enter MY Giveaway Use the Rafflecopter Form Below.