Friday, May 26, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #81


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 21) by Laurell K. Hamilton



ON TV, INTERROGATION rooms are roomy and have big windows so that you can watch everything.  

My Thoughts:  I have been reading this series, which began as paranormal thrillers and has evolved into super spicy paranormal romance, for ever and have fallen behind on the books so it's my goal to try to read at least one a week until I'm caught back up.  So far this makes sense   

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton – about 56% thru my Nook):  

Hill and I entered: he peeled off right, and I stayed with him.  Jung and Killian tried to come in at our backs, but there wasn't room for anyone else in the beddroom.  


My Thoughts:  I'm only on page 80 in the book and this takes place around page 205.  I do know these characters, they've worked with Anita before.  They are part of the "SWAT" team in the series.  Ms. Hamilton is a local to me author - we both live in the St. Louis Metro area - and I'm trying to read more local authors when I can.


So what do you think?  Do the teasers tempt you?  Have you read any of the books in this series? 




About Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 21) by Laurell K. Hamilton

When a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by vampires, it’s up to U.S. Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she’s faced with something she’s never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people—kids, grandparents, soccer moms—all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master. And where there’s one martyr, there will be more…



But even vampires have monsters that they’re afraid of. And Anita is one of them…



Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

14 comments:

  1. OMG Book 21 - I really do need to catch up! Hope you're still enjoying her books! :)

    Here's my current read: http://bit.ly/2rXibtc

    Have a good one!

    Sass x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember hearing raves about this series early on and I always wanted to try the books. Hope you enjoy the read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read any books in this series, but now I'm fascinated. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “IT’S ALWAYS THE HUSBAND”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have fallen behind on this series but am eager to catch up. This week I'm reading Into the Fire by Jeaniene Frost. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 56 is kinda intriguing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by...the early books are fantastic and as the series develops there is a lot of emotional angst that becomes a part of the books...

      Delete
  7. I've been meaning to start this series FOREVER - if you've stuck with it to the 21st book AND through a slight genre change it must be worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew there were a lot of books in this series, but I didn't realise it was that many! I've read some of the early ones and mostly enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great series! I have heard of this before but never started it. I'll be keepin an eye on the books to find these. Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my Friday Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know why I haven't already tried this series! Happy reading. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete