Friday, May 19, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #80


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick, Book 1) by Kendra Elliott



Mercy Kilpatrick wondered whom she'd ticked off at the Portland FBI office.  
My Thoughts:  I like the way this begins - haven't had a chance to get past the first chapter yet but I'm really looking forward to reading this. I personally would not want someone at the FBI angry with me either.....lol 

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliott – about 56% on Kindle):  

“When I talked with Anders yesterday about his appointment, he said he was expecting someone to try to come kill him in his sleep like the other preppers.  He said "I'm old. I'm alone, I prep, and I have a log of guns. He's probably already sniffing around my land." 


My Thoughts:  This is a fairly pragmatic approach to have towards the thought of someone trying to kill you.  Probably a much better defense than running around screaming that someone is trying to kill you.  



So what do you think?  Do the teasers tempt you?  Don’t forget to leave your link below and to link up at Freda’s Voice.  



About A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick, Book 1) by Kendra Elliott 


FBI special agent Mercy Kilpatrick has been waiting her whole life for disaster to strike. A prepper since childhood, Mercy grew up living off the land—and off the grid—in rural Eagle’s Nest, Oregon. Until a shocking tragedy tore her family apart and forced her to leave home. Now a predator known as the cave man is targeting the survivalists in her hometown, murdering them in their homes, stealing huge numbers of weapons, and creating federal suspicion of a possible domestic terrorism event. But the crime scene details are eerily familiar to an unsolved mystery from Mercy’s past.


Sent by the FBI to assist local law enforcement, Mercy returns to Eagle’s Nest to face the family who shunned her while maintaining the facade of a law-abiding citizen. There, she meets police chief Truman Daly, whose uncle was the cave man’s latest victim. He sees the survivalist side of her that she desperately tries to hide, but if she lets him get close enough to learn her secret, she might not survive the fallout…



Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

8 comments:

  1. I hope you'll enjoy your new read. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one to me.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this one. I liked the info on preppers. This week I am spotlighting Say You're Sorry by Melinda Leigh. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an intriguing mystery! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a page turner! Enjoy! 😀

    I have a giveaway with my Friday post on my blog, hope you pop by and join in:
    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2017/05/friday56-book-beginnings-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. A book set in the Pac NW. I love reading books set in a part of the country that I can relate to. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intrigued! Sounds like a great read, hope you enjoy reading it!
    Here's my Friday Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, I think I'll add this to my tbr. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete