Friday, May 12, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #79


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Moonshadow (Moonshadow, Book 1) by Thea Harrison



After another night filled with nightmares, Sophie overslept.  
My Thoughts:  Been there...done that.....lol 

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Moonshadow by Thea Harrison – about 56% on Kindle):  

She never outran the gunman.  That was not how her story had gone, and her body knew it.  The gunman chased her and chased her through the dark, shadowed warehouse where they had cornered him, and she could never remember to pull the shadows around her before he brought his gun up to point it at her. 

My Thoughts:  I'm actually this far in the book and I'm enjoying it okay - not as much as the books in the Elder Races series but enough to keep reading.  I sort of have issues with both primary characters but I think I like Sophie - the character in this scene - better than Nicholas...lol


So what do you think?  Do the teasers tempt you to pick up this book?  Have you read anything by this author before?  Don’t forget to leave your link below and to link up at Freda’s Voice.


About Moonshadow (Moonshadow, Book 1) by Thea Harrison

Her past is a blank, her future uncertain….

Recovering from a shooting, LAPD witch consultant Sophie Ross leaves her job and travels to the U.K. to search for answers about her childhood. When she encounters a Daoine Sidhe knight of the Dark Court, she becomes entangled in an ancient hatred between two arcane forces.

He has given his body and soul to fight for his people….

Barred from his homeland along with his surviving brother knights, Nikolas Sevigny is embroiled in a conflict that threatens everything he holds dear. Only by uniting his people’s resources can they hope to prevail against Isabeau, the deadly Queen of the Light Court. He will do anything and use anyone to return home to Lyonesse.

When Nikolas encounters Sophie, he sees a tool to be used. The insouciant witch might be the key to unlocking every passageway that has been barred to the knights of the Dark Court, even as a fascination for her takes root in what’s left of his soul.

Sophie has no intention of becoming anyone’s pawn, yet the fierce Nikolas is so compelling, she can’t deny the temptation that endangers her guarded heart.

As magic threatens Lyonesse, Queen Isabeau unleashes her merciless Hounds, and Nikolas and Sophie become embroiled in a race for survival. Meanwhile, the passion that ignites between them burns too hot to be denied and quickly turns into obsession.

Thank goodness they both know better than to fall in love…



Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

13 comments:

  1. This one seems okay. Thanks for mentioning the book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at the cover before bedtime, I can see why you would have nightmares. lol
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh....I had the wrong cover ....have now fixed....lol...

      Delete
  3. Creepy cover! I've never read this author by the snippets intrigue me. This week I am reading Edited Out by E. J. Copperman. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like a book NOT to read just before bedtime...LOL. Creepy cover, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “INTO THE WATER”

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book may be too scary for me! The cover alone is enough to cause nightmares. Sounds like a riveting story.
    My Friday post features The Secret Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That cover is chilling. Great excerpts. Here is my post
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2017/05/friday-memes-book-beginnings-and-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy! This is so my kind of book. The title, the cover, the beginning, the excerpt. It's all good. I don't mind the nightmares if the books that good. LOL

    My Friday 56 from Silver Threads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm thinking the nightmares are from reading a book before bed with a cover like this one. Yikes. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fast-paced read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG yes, I need this! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine: http://bit.ly/2rah60P

    Sorry I'm late in commenting - Internet is very sketchy, and I could drop out at any moment, so typing fast lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be adding this to my tbr, I think! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete