Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Meme: Kindle Kandy - May 29, 2015


Kindle Kandy is a Friday weekly bookish feature hosted by The Book Dame. We scan our shelves and e-readers to rediscover books we own that have not yet been read,  and have thus far been little more than shelf or Kindle Kandy. Too many books…too little time…..and all that jazz.  Please list one of your Kindle Kandy books below in the comments or leave a link to your Kindle Kandy post below.  Don’t forget to link up at The Book Dame so you can check out all of the Kindle Kandy participants. 

Fireflies in December
Jennifer Erin Valent
Standalone
Pub: December 22, 2008

Jessilyn Lassiter never knew that hatred could lurk in the human heart until the summer of 1932 when she turned 13. When her best friend, Gemma, loses her parents in a tragic fire, Jessilyn's father vows to care for her as one of his own, despite the fact that Gemma is black and prejudice is prevalent in their southern Virginia town. Violence springs up as a ragtag band of Ku Klux Klan members unite and decide to take matters into their own hands. As tensions mount in the small community, loyalties are tested and Jessilyn is forced to say good-bye to the carefree days of her youth. Fireflies in December is the 2007 winner of the Christian Writers Guild's Operation First Novel contest, and a 2010 Christy Award winner.

I got this as a kindle freebie back in 2009 and had forgotten I even had it till I started looking at the list of books I have on the kindle that I haven’t read.  I think I might try squeeze it into my reading this weekend.  


Dying Scream
Mary Burton
Standalone
Pub: May 1, 2011

Mary Burton's crime novel "Dying Scream" gives new meaning to the word suspense.

No One Will Find You - An aspiring artist. A high-school senior. A stripper. Three women who seemed to have nothing in common except for their sudden disappearance. But one man knew them all. Wealthy, privileged Craig Thornton even claimed to love them. And for that, they paid the ultimate price.

No One Will Hear You - When Adrianna Barrington receives an anniversary card from her husband Craig, she assumes it's a sick joke. After all, Craig is dead. But then come the whispered phone calls and beautiful flowers, all reminding her how much Craig misses her. While Adrianna begins to doubt her sanity, grisly remains are found on the Thornton estate. Detective Gage Hudson is convinced the bodies are linked to Craig. But the biggest shocks are yet to come.

No One Will Save You - A psychopath has taken up his chilling work again, each death a prelude to the moment when Adrianna is under his control at last. And the only way for Gage and Adrianna to stop him is to uncover the truth about a family's dark past and a twisted love that someone will kill for again and again...


Another classic from the American Queen of crime. Fans of Tess Gerritsen, Kathy Reichs, and Karin Slaughter will love Mary Burton's "Dying Scream". Much like "The Seventh Victim" and "Before She Dies", "Dying Scream" will have its readers in horrified suspense. Praise for Mary Burton: "A twisted tale...I couldn't put it down!". (Lisa Jackson). "Stieg Larsson fans will find a lot to like in Burton's taut, well-paced novel". ("Publishers Weekly"). Mary Burton is the critically acclaimed author of "I'm Watching You", "Dead Ringer", "Dying Scream", "Merciless and Senseless" - all set in Virginia, USA, where Mary lives with her family.
I bought this back in 2009 too and had forgotten I even had it till I started looking at the list of books I have on the kindle that I haven’t read.

Have you read either of these books?  If so, what did you think? 

Don't forget to list your Kindle Kandy and link up!

3 comments:

  1. I believe I also have Fireflies in December on my Kindle! I used to go crazy with freebies back when I first got my Kindle, but then realized there's no way I will ever read them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true...but that one click button habit is hard to break....lol

      Delete
  2. Both from 2009! I have so many like that. Dying Scream sounds good, and it's a standalone, which is great. I have a lot of series freebies or cheap buys on my kindle and I don't get to far with knocking down my TBR when I read one only to add the next.
    Thank you for joining in Kindle Kandy. It is nice to have you.

    ReplyDelete