Friday, July 3, 2015

Kindle Kandy - Friday July 3, 2015


Kindle Kandy is a Friday weekly bookish feature hosted by The Book Dame. We scan our shelves and e-readers to rediscover books we own that have not yet been read,  and have thus far been little more than shelf or Kindle Kandy. Too many books…too little time…..and all that jazz.  Please list one or two of your Kindle Kandy books in the comments or leave a link to your Kindle Kandy post below.  Don’t forget to link up at The Book Dame so you can check out all of the Kindle Kandy participants. 

Divine Misdemeanors (A Meredith Gentry Novell)
Laurel K. Hamilton  
Pub: December 8, 2009

You may know me best as Meredith Nic Essus, princess of faerie. Or perhaps as Merry Gentry, Los Angeles private eye. To protect my unborn children, I have turned my back on the crown, choosing exile in the human world with my beloved Frost and Darkness.

Yet I cannot abandon my people.


Someone is killing the fey, which has left the LAPD baffled and my guardsmen and me deeply disturbed. I thought I’d left the blood and politics behind in my own turbulent realm. But now I realize that evil knows no borders, and that nobody lives forever—even if they’re magical.

I've been reading the Meredith Gentry series for years and bought this book both in print and in Kindle format when it came out in 2009 (forgot I ordered the print version).  Unfortunately, I've never gotten to read it in either version because it just fell by the wayside.  I do plan to read it and the newest one which I also purchased.  


The Luxe 
by Anna Godbersen
The Luxe, Book 1 
Pub: October 13, 2009

Pretty girls in pretty dresses, partying until dawn.
Irresistible boys with mischievous smiles and dangerous intentions.
White lies, dark secrets, and scandalous hookups.
This is Manhattan, 1899.

Beautiful sisters Elizabeth and Diana Holland rule Manhattan's social scene. Or so it appears. When the girls discover their status among New York City's elite is far from secure, suddenly everyone—from the backstabbing socialite Penelope Hayes, to the debonair bachelor Henry Schoonmaker, to the spiteful maid Lina Broud—threatens Elizabeth's and Diana's golden future.

With the fate of the Hollands resting on her shoulders, Elizabeth must choose between family duty and true love. But when her carriage overturns near the East River, the girl whose glittering life lit up the city's gossip pages is swallowed by the rough current. As all of New York grieves, some begin to wonder whether life at the top proved too much for this ethereal beauty, or if, perhaps, someone wanted to see Manhattan's most celebrated daughter disappear...


In a world of luxury and deception, where appearance matters above everything and breaking the social code means running the risk of being ostracized forever, five teenagers lead dangerously scandalous lives. This thrilling trip to the age of innocence is anything but innocent.
I bought this on April 3, 2010 because my sister had recommended it (like she nagged me a bit about it..lol).  She read it when it come out in print and when it came out in Kindle I went ahead and bought it.  I believe I have all of the books in the series but haven't ha a chance to check them out yet.  




Have you read either of these books?  If so, what did you think? 

Don't forget to list your Kindle Kandy and link up!

2 comments:

  1. I've never read either of these, but I hope you enjoy them when you read them. My KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine Misdemeanors sounds good. It sounds like the fae are out in the public.
    The Luxe!!!! I loved it. I mean I just really love it! I read the first two in the series and it is drama, scandal, and gaudy ball gowns. I own the other two in the series that will pop up on Kindle Kandy one day.

    ReplyDelete