Friday, March 17, 2017

Book Beginning & Friday 56 - #72


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Hell Is Empty (Walt Longmire, Book 7) by Craig Johnson



"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to talk with your mouth full?" 

My Thoughts:  It seems to be taking me forever to get through this series on audio - not sure why but I'm still plugging away.  The very first sentence of this book really doesn't tell you a lot ...lol...but yes - my mother has told me to not talk with my mouth full....lol 

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Hell Is Empty by Craig Johnson – about 56% on Audio File):  

I leaned back on the sofa, and it was so soft I thought I might die there. I was tired and not sure how to proceed.  The choice was either to leave her and Omar here or send them out and back to Meadowlark Lodge, and for me to continue up.   

My Thoughts:  I've actually read past this part and it's getting really good.  I love the narrators voice (though sometimes I will admit that I fall asleep to it) and the story has a lot going on.  


So what do you think?  Are you intrigued by the teasers?  What do you think of the cover (which does have a significant meaning to the book content)? 




About Hell Is Empty (Walt Longmire, Book 7) by Craig Johnson

Wyoming's favorite sheriff braves a frozen inferno as he races to capture an escaped murderer.

Well-read and world-weary, Sheriff Walt Longmire has been maintaining order in Wyoming's Absaroka County for more than thirty years, but in this riveting seventh outing, he is pushed to his limits.
Raynaud Shade, an adopted Crow Indian, has just confessed to murdering a boy ten years ago and burying him deep within the Big Horn Mountains. After transporting Shade and a group of other convicted murderers through a snowstorm, Walt is informed by the FBI that the body is buried in his jurisdiction-and the victim's name is White Buffalo.

Guided only by Indian mysticism and a battered paperback of Dante's Inferno, Walt pursues Shade and his fellow escapees into the icy hell of the Cloud Peak Wilderness Area, cheating death to ensure that justice-both civil and spiritual-is served.





Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

6 comments:

  1. Sounds alright. :-) Happy weekend!
    (I added you to the Linky.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely curious. Thanks for sharing! Here's mine: “NEVER CHANGE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always much more difficult to share from an audiobook - takes some listening. Thanks for sharing. I think this sounds good. The Undoing Project is my Friday book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds good to me. I think I'd prefer to read it than to listen to it though.

    My Friday 56 from Bone White

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this would be a great audiobook. Here is my Friday 56: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/friday-56-27/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any Longmire books, but I do want to try one. :)

    ReplyDelete