Friday, December 8, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #95


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Winter at Cedarwood Lodge by Rebecca Raisin



Staring up at the imposing structure with its weathered façade, I had a terrible premonition that I’d made a mistake. 
My Thoughts:  Um...yeah...I often have premonitions that I've either bitten off more than I can chew or really, really, really dug myself into deep trouble. 

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Winter at Cedarwood Lodge by Rebecca Raisin  
– about 56% on Kindle):  

I called him picturing the worst – a car crash, the roads were slippery this time of year.  My heart was in my throat by the time he answered on the third ring.


My Thoughts:  Ha...I'm the worst at waiting for someone else to pick up the phone...I kind of want immediate responses ...lol...I haven't started this book yet but I'm really looking forward to it.  


So what do you think?  Do the teasers tempt you? Don't forget to leave your link below and link up at Freda's Voice.  



********

About Winter at Cedarwood Lodge by Rebecca Raisin

This winter it’s time to fall in love at Cedarwood Lodge…

After years of dreaming, Clio Winters is finally fulfilling her childhood dream of renovating the gorgeous old Cedarwood Lodge in Evergreen and turning it into the perfect destination for celebrations, weddings and extravagant birthday parties. The huge property used to be a bustling holiday camp, now Clio wants to bring it back to its halcyon days – which will be a lot of hard work!

Returning back to the small town of her youth she’s glad to have one of her best friends still around to lean on, Micah who is just as solid as he used to be. But with her own secrets pushing her to run from her glamorous life in New York, she’ll have to tread carefully, especially when the far-too-handsome-for-his-own-good contractor, Kai, shows up on her doorstep…


Sure she’s here in Evergreen to change her life, but there is no way she’s falling in love!



Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

9 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    This author has such a great name! Very memorable! Oh, love this cover. Fits right in to the Christmas atmos. Here's mine! Happy Blogmas! http://bit.ly/2AG3zp0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect time of year. Hope it won't be a 'Money Pit'. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum, the tone of the bits you quoted sounds more like a noir mystery than a festive romance. I get a feeling of dread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover....and it sounds like all is not pretty within these pages. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “A SEASON TO LIE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Great cover so I am already drawn in. I am always looking for holiday reads. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an interesting holiday read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the list backward this time so you are the last Book Beginnings participant I am looking at. I am so jealous of all of you who are reading Christmasy titles. Every year I say I will, then don't for some reason. My Friday Quotes for The 57 Bus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect holiday read! Love Christmasy romance books!
    Here's my Friday reads post

    ReplyDelete