Friday, April 22, 2016

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #29


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Remember Me (Barlow-Barretts, Book3) by Laura Browning



I didn’t dump the proposal on your desk and take off.  Jesus. Dad.”

Brandon Barlow-Barrett grumbled into his Droid as he waited to check in his luggage.


My Thoughts:  Clearly Brandon and his father are at odds over something to do with the family business.  

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Remember Me)

    She wasn’t ready for this, and all the reasons why she shouldn’t be a part of his life flooded through her in a terrible rush.  Lucy spun away, found the staircase and fled.

My Thoughts:  I'm not sure why Lucy doesn't think she should be a part of his life - I haven't read that far, but whatever the reason, she should stick around and fight for him if she really loves him. 


What do you think?  Don't forget to link up at Freda's Voice.




About Remember Me (Barlow-Barretts, Book3) by Laura Browning

The plane went down…and took their love with it.

All Brandon Barlow-Barrett wants is a week away from his family’s newspaper empire, time on the slopes to relax and refocus. What he gets is Lucy Cameron, the most extraordinary woman he’s ever met.

Lucy Cameron doesn’t take vacations. Not until now. Her very first vacation is full of highs–falling in love with Brandon Barrett–and lows–realizing she has to tell him she earns her living as a stripper.

But there’s no time to reveal her secret. On the way back from a day trip to a neighboring Colorado town, their plane’s engine sputters and stops. All they have left is the dangerous peaks of the mountains, a nearby lake for a crash-landing, and Brandon’s last-minute declaration of love.

CONTENT WARNING: This is not an easy road to Happily Ever After. Some readers may be disturbed by the detailed description of the plane crash. Also, explicit language.







Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

11 comments:

  1. I don't think this one would be my kind of story, but enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The excerpts didn't thrill me, but the synopsis made me curious. I'd like to know how they survived in the wilderness... or did they?
    My Friday post features A NEW DAWN IN DEER ISLE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Sandra - synopsis looks better than excerpts. I hate it when that happens. Hope you enjoy. Here's my Friday Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably wouldn't pick this one up but I'm curious to see what you think of it after you've finished reading.

    My Friday 56 from West Of Dead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaves a lot to the imagination and wondering what's going on. I'm definitely more curious now. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has piqued my curiosity. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandon rubs me the wrong way before we've hardly gotten started. But maybe Lucy could change him . . . I'm interested in thoughts once you've finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria,

    This type of contemporary romance, isn't really my kind of thing, unless I specifically asked to run a promotion or review, by an author or publisher.

    However, I am quite curious to know whether Brandon and his father manage to make up before the crash, whether Brandon and Lucy both survive the crash and whether there is a 'happy ever after' ending, or not!

    Thanks for sharing and I hope that your are enjoying your weekend :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds about right. I'm not a huge contemporary romance reader either unfortunately so this doesn't tickle any of my reading bones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Sounds very intriguing. Lots of questions about what's going on. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete