- Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments below.
- Include the author and the title so we know what you are reading.
- If you like, share your first impressions of the book based on the first line and let us know if you liked or didn't like the sentence.
- Share your link at A Few More Pages
My Friday Book Beginnings comes from a book I've been reading this week: Assassins in Love by Kris DeLake
Hands Fumbling, Fingers Shaking, Head Aching, Rikki leaned one shoulder against the wall, blocking the view of the airlock controls from the corridor. Elio Testrial leaned against the wall at her feet. She hoped he looked drunk.
Is a weekly MeMe hosted by Freda's Voice. To Play along:
- Grab the book closest to you, not your favorite but what's closest
- Turn to page 56
- Find the Fifth (5th) sentence and post it to your blog, or if like an additional sentence or two.
- If you don't have a blog, post your sentence in the comments below.
My Friday 56 is also from Assassins In Love by Kris DeLake:
Which Mischa hadn't finished paying her for, even though she had reminded him as she left the suite. She doubted he would ever pay her now. The last part of the payment and expenses were probably never going to arrive in her account.
So what are your Book Beginnings and Friday 56 this week?