Friday, July 21, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #88


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Water Viper (A Jesse Alexander Novel, Book 1) by R.J. Blain



A BLACK, pitted stone bounced across the bar.  I leaned back, picked up my beer, and made way for the rock, tracing its trajectory towards the front door. 
My Thoughts:  I purchased this book this week because I loved the cover and the premise of the book.  Haven't started it yet but I can't wait to dive in.   

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Water Viper by R.J. Blain – about 56% on Kindle):  

"It's been a while since I've gotten to fight a challenging opponent.  You'd make me earn my victory.  I thought I'd be considerate of your mystic.  It'd be rude if I made him piece you back together right after a long trip."


My Thoughts:  Since I haven't started this book yet - I literally don't know what's going on but it sounds pretty good to me so I'm definitely looking forward to this. 


So what do you think?  Do the teasers tempt you? Don’t forget to leave your link below and to link up at Freda’s Voice




About Water Viper (A Jesse Alexander Novel) by J.R. Blain


During Starfall, magic flooded the Earth and destroyed most technology while humans developed strange new powers. As the scion of a male-dominated clan, Jesse should have risen to become a hero.

She chose to become a woman instead, ruining her hopes for the future.

Years later, weary of life as an assassin, she retires to enjoy raising horses and delivering messages. When her plans fall apart, she has one final chance to set everything right. Should she fail to redeem herself, she'll lose everything she's ever held dear, including her friends, her family, and her life.




Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting story. Enjoy the book once you get to it.

    ReplyDelete