Friday, September 8, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #92


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Secrets in Death (In Death Series, Book 45) by J.D. Robb


It wouldn’t kill her.

     Probably wouldn’t kill her.
My Thoughts:  At this point I’m not really sure who’s talking so this really doesn’t tell me anything…lol

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  








**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Secrets in Death by J.D. Robb – about 56% on Kindle):  

“Have you committed a crime?”

Her lips trembled once, firmed. ‘You’ll decide that, and if you decide I have and that requires my arrest, I need those twenty-four hours.  I don’t intend to run, Lieutenant.  One way or the other, I’ve been running for a very long time. Will you agree to those terms?”


My Thoughts:  Eve doesn't usually take "terms" dictated by someone else so this is fairly interesting that she's even listening...lol...I have actually finished this book and i enjoyed it quite a bit - it's a good addition to the series and any lover of this series or of J.D. Robb will want to add it to their reading list. 



So what do you think? Do the teasers tempt you? Don’t forget to link up!




About Secrets In Death (In Death, Book 45) by J.D. Robb

A new novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series: Lt. Eve Dallas must separate rumors from reality when a woman who traffics in other people’s secrets is silenced.



The chic Manhattan nightspot Du Vin is not the kind of place Eve Dallas would usually patronize, and it’s not the kind of bar where a lot of blood gets spilled. But that’s exactly what happens one cold February evening.


The mortally wounded woman is Larinda Mars, a self-described “social information reporter,” or as most people would call it, a professional gossip. As it turns out, she was keeping the most shocking stories quiet, for profitable use in her side business as a blackmailer. Setting her sights on rich, prominent marks, she’d find out what they most wanted to keep hidden and then bleed them dry. Now someone’s done the same to her, literallywith a knife to the brachial artery.


Eve didn’t like Larinda Mars. But she likes murder even less. To find justice for this victim, she’ll have to plunge into the dirty little secrets of all the people Larinda Mars victimized herself. But along the way, she may be exposed to some information she really didn’t want to know…





Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

6 comments:

  1. I just finished this one too. It will be my Friday Memes book in a few weeks. I'm reading All the Secret Places by Anna Carlyle this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read this series, it must be good to be 45 books in! Happy weekend!
    I added you to the Linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy it Freda! And thanks for adding me to the linky

      Delete
  3. I have never read anything by J.D. Robb. This looks interesting enough to get me to change my mind. Here is a link to my Friday 56: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/08/friday-56-43/

    ReplyDelete