Friday, December 16, 2016

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #63


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  


Unbinding (World of the Lupi, #11) by Eileen Wilks 



Aleri in Winter

Kai hadn't had a cup of coffee in eighteen months.  
My Thoughts:  I can tell you right now that it would not be a pretty sight for my family if I hadn't had a cup of coffee in 18 months - I woul be a bear! I'm a huge fan of this series but have fallen behind on reading the books - though I have them all on my kindle - lol.  I'm determined to catch up before the new year. .  

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Unbinding by Eileen Wilkes – about 56% on Kindle):  

Kai followed her gaze. Franklin Boyd was headed their way. His lips wee tight and he was sclowling, but his colors didn't look angry so much as frustrated. 


My Thoughts:  Not really sure what's going on here but clearly Kai is out in the field with some other agents - can't wait to find out what's going on.  


So what do you think?  Do the teasers tempt you to read this? Don't forget to leave your link below and link up. 





About Unbinding (World of the Lupi, Book 11) by Eileen Wilks


After questing through the sidhe realms with her ex-hellhound lover, Nathan, Kai Tallman Michalski has finally returned home. But she knows Nathan will eventually be called back to serve his queen—and Kai will have to decide whether to enter her majesty’s service as well. Sure, the job comes with great bennies, but there’s one big downside: she would have to swear absolute fealty to the Queen of Winter.


For now, though, Kai is glad to be home, and glad that Nathan completed his mission for his queen with surprising ease. But what seemed to be a quick conclusion turns out to be anything but. The two of them helped thwart the sidhe god of chaos—and he is not happy about that. He’s got plans for them. Plans, too, for the sidhe who killed him some three millennia ago. Nor has he abandoned his plans for Earth, as they learn when chaos begins bursting out all over... 





Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

8 comments:

  1. I am not a pretty sight in the morning without caffeine, I can't imagine going without for 18 months. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, and a caffeine-free day, much less eighteen months, is definitely not something you want to see...or feel. Here's mine: “WHITE TRASH”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up coffee for tea! Same thing though. LOL Love that cover and a new series to check out.

    My Friday 56 from In The Blue Hour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy this series. The newest landed on my Kindle recently and I'm very eager to get to it. I have a mystery this week - Ill Met by Murder by Elizabeth J. Duncan. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of this book! Here is my 56: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/friday-56-and-book-beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that is much too long to go without coffee. Now I want to know why!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?! No coffee.... (*ripping off face*) :-D
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to have to start this series! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings) + 50/50 Friday and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete