Friday, December 18, 2015

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #13


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by  Rose City Reader . Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

An Egyptian Affair (The Regent Mysteries, Book 4) by Cheryl Bolen


Prologue

Lady Daphne, whose preference to be known as Mrs. Dryden was largely ignored, sincerely hoped the Prince Regent had summoned her and Jack here today to seek their assistance in one of those investigations the Dryden’s had proved to be so capable of solving.  Poor Jack had been rather restless of late. 


My Thoughts:  This is fun series and Lady Daphne and Jack both make me laugh and I can’t wait to see what problem “Prinny”, as the Prince Regent (soon to be King George IV) was known, needs them to solve. 

So what do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader .  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda's Voice .  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from An Egyptian Affair  ): 

     “I do hope we’re almost there,” Daphne said, “for right now on the pleasure scale, I’d have to rank this right up there with my honeymoon.”
Silence
“Just so that you all will know,” Daphne clairified, “my honeymoon was not what one would think.”

My Thoughts:  Laugh out loud! Daphne and Jack’s honeymoon was anything but normal and I know exactly what she’s referring to.  




About An Egyptian Affair (The Regent Mysteries, Book 4) by Cheryl Bolen


While Captain Jack Dryden would lay down his life for the Regent, he draws the line at endangering his wife in the dark alleyways of Cairo-the place where the Regent's friend and procurer of antiquities has gone missing.

But Lady Daphne Dryden will not be denied the opportunity to see swaying palms, crumbling pillars, and soaring pyramids in exotic Egypt. She even insists on bringing her youngest sister, Rosemary, who's enamored of all things Egyptian. The Regent insists on sending Stanton Maxwell, England's most imminent expert on Egyptology, as their interpreter and his own soldiers as their protectors.

Once in Cairo, Jack and Daphne begin their inquiries, inquiries which almost certainly cause the murder of one woman and the abduction of Lady Rosemary. Will Jack and Daphne's wits-and the unexpected bravery of Mr. Maxwell-be enough to extricate them from danger and unmask the evil-doers?






Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 


Maria

9 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds like a good one. Happy reading! :)


    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings) and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading the excerpts, I would never have imagined the cover to look like it does! Enjoy. Sounds full of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 56...I like laughing with a story. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on your 56 excerpt, this sounds like a story with plenty of humor. I especially like the Egyptian setting. Thanks for introducing me to this series.
    My Friday post features THE LOCKET.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series does sound like fun. I like historical mysteries. This week I am spotlighting The Secrets of the Heart by Kasey Michaels which had gotten lost on my TBR mountain. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun read! I really enjoyed the little aura of mystery in the beginning. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover.

    ENJOY your book and your weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this recently on a couple of blogs. Sounds fascinating.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/18/the-friday-56-89-murder-and-other-unnatural-disasters/

    ReplyDelete