Friday, June 5, 2015

Kindle Kandy - Friday June 5, 2015


Kindle Kandy is a Friday weekly bookish feature hosted by The Book Dame. We scan our shelves and e-readers to rediscover books we own that have not yet been read,  and have thus far been little more than shelf or Kindle Kandy. Too many books…too little time…..and all that jazz.  Please list one of your Kindle Kandy books below in the comments or leave a link to your Kindle Kandy post below.  Don’t forget to link up at The Book Dame so you can check out all of the Kindle Kandy participants.  
Treason
By Don Brown
1st in Series

Release Date: April 3, 2015

The stakes are high . . . and the entire world is waiting for the verdict. The Navy has uncovered a group of radical Islamic clerics who have infiltrated the Navy Chaplain Corps, inciting sailors and marines to acts of terrorism. And Lieutenant Zack Brewer has been chosen to prosecute them for treason and murder. Only three years out of law school, Zack has already made a name for himself, winning the coveted Navy Commendation medal. Just coming off a high-profile win, this case will challenge the very core of Zack’s skills and his Christian beliefs―beliefs that could cost him the case and his career. With Diane Colcernian, his staunchest rival, as assistant prosecutor, Zack takes on internationally acclaimed criminal defense lawyer Wells Levinson. And when Zack and Diane finally agree to put aside their animosity, it causes more problems than they realize.
This is a book I bought in 2009 – I actually purchased the whole series but haven’t had a chance to read it yet.  I know I purchased it when I was looking for a thriller and it was recommended to me.
A Catered Birthday Party
By Isis Crawford
6th in Series
Release Date: November 1, 2010

A Little Taste of Heaven catering certainly knows how to feed people. Dogs, however..? When sisters Bernie and Libby sign on to cater Trudy the Pug's birthday bash, it isn't just any doggie 'do. Trudy's owner, Annabel Colbert, is one of the richest women in town--and as mascot of the Colbert toy company, Trudy herself is a bona fide celebrity. But when the big day arrives, mere moments after dipping into the wine, Annabel is shrieking she's been poisoned--and falling face first into her soup. After two days in a coma, Annabel is dead.

It seems the woman who had everything also had her share of enemies. In fact, Annabel was cheating, blackmailing, or backstabbing most everyone she knew--including Trudy's trainer and kennel owner. With so many suspects, sniffing out the truth is a risky proposition. Bernie and Libby had better close the oven on this case fast--before they get burned. . .

"Fans of Diane Mott Davidson and Joanne Fluke will enjoy the investigative and culinary antics of the nosey sisters." –Library Journal

"Enjoyable and entertaining." –Romantic Times

This is a book I bought in 2010– I fell in love with the cover, loved the title and really loved the idea that is has recipes as a part of the story.  It was recommended to me because I had been reading both Diane Mott Davidson and Joanne Fluke’s books.

So what do you think?  What's on your Kindle Kandy list this week?

Don't forget to link up with The Book Dame

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about that series by Dan Brown, but it sounds like good stuff.
    A Catered Birthday Party is totally my thing! My Kindle and shelves are loaded with cozy mysteries that I still want to read. I read and loved the majority of Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen Series. I think I have three or four more to go. I have only read the first in one of Diane Mott Davidson's series. I have this thing for reading cozy mysteries in the season that the book is set in, so I seem to always be caught in a cycle of waiting, then forgetting about it.
    I hope that you get both of these off your shelves sometime soon. Thank you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete