Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages. To play along, please do the following:
2. Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.
3. Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
4. Link your post at A Few More Pages ( or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below)
My first line is from Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss by Maya Banks
There was a time in a man's life when he knew he was well and truly caught. Devon Carter started down at the brilliant diamond solitaire ring nestled in velvet and acknowledged that this was one such time. He snapped the lid closed and shoved the box into the breast pocket of his suit.
This really tells me Devon is not happy about the situation he's finding himself in if he's thinking of himself in terms of being "well and truly caught". This is a bad way to go into any relationship.
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice. To play along:
1. Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
2. Turn to page 56.
3. Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
4. Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
5. Link your post to Freda's Voice.
This week my Friday 56 will also be from Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss by Maya Banks. Since I'm using the Kindle version - I'm estimating as to where page 56 is:)
She gaped at him. "Forget it? You want me to just forget I saw an email from my father basically admitting he bought me a husband? Or at least manipulated you somehow into marrying me? This is my wedding night, Devon. Am I supposed to pretend I didn't see the email?".
So what's your Friday meme post?