Friday, September 9, 2011

FRIDAY FIFTY-SIX (56)



The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice. Here are the rules



  •  Grab the book nearest you. Right now.


  •  Turn to page 56.


  • Find the fifth sentence.


  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.


  • Post a link along with your post back to Freda’s Voice.


  • Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


My Friday 56:
 


“Sure.” I gulped, wondering just how much I was overstepping my boundaries. I didn’t care. The vision of the child clinging to her mother, the spilled orange juice as the woman tried to hold the glass steady, the look in the eyes of those children, the smell of real fear, overwhelmed any reservations I had. Ida was getting a phone call.


So what's your Friday 56?

3 comments:

  1. I wonder what is all going on.... very interesting 56! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what they're afraid of? And who's Ida?

    Here's my Friday: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/09/friday-memes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the others this makes me wonder about the reason for their fear. A very interesting 56!

    ReplyDelete