Friday, October 21, 2016

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #55


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Shadows of the Past (Logan Point, Book 1) by Patricia Bradley


“Death unfolds like a budding flower,
Tentatively, sweetly,
Unfurling in majestic power,
Until then, my love…until then”

Black roses last week, now spidery words scrawled on a scrap of paper with “Meade Funeral Home” printed across the top.  Someone was stalking her, and they wanted her to know it.


My Thoughts:  Receiving this after getting black roses the week before – yeah, I’d be freaking out and would definitely be calling the cops.  My mom has read all of the books in this series and recommended them to me, and I got this one free so I’m pretty sure I’ll be reading it over the weekend if I get the chance.  

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.


My 56 (Also from Shadows of the Past): 


“Excuse me,” Kate said.  “When you two have finished talking police business, I’ll be in the house with lunch ready.”
“Sounds good,” Livy said as her cell phone rang.  She glanced at her phone and made a face.

My Thoughts:  Well, obviously Livy is a cop and Kate is not and she doesn’t want to hear this conversation – lol – and I can’t say that I blame her. 

So what do you think?  Does this sound like a book you would like to read? Don't forget to link up at Freda's Voice




About Shadows of the Past (Logan Point, Book 1) by Patricia Bradley


Psychology professor and criminal profiler Taylor Martin prides herself on being able to solve any crime, except the one she wants most desperately to solve--the disappearance of her father twenty years ago. When she finally has a lead on his whereabouts, Taylor returns home to Logan Point, Mississippi, to investigate. But as she is stalking the truth about the past, someone is stalking her.

Nick Sinclair pens mystery novels for a living, but the biggest mystery to him is how he can ever get over the death of his wife--a tragedy he believes he could have prevented. With his estranged brother the only family he has left, Nick sets out to find him. But when he crosses paths with Taylor, all he seems to find is trouble. 





Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

11 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's one for me, but I bet my mother-in-law would enjoy it! It looks like the kind of thing she normally reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good mystery/thriller. I like the way the opening jumps right into the action. I'd keep reading to find out more.
    My Friday post features The Midwife of Hope River.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one seems like it could be good. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a fun thriller

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the beginning. Intense and scary! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds intriguing - I've never heard of this series before but it looks good! Hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my Friday Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new author and series for me. The genre is right, so I might have to check this out:)

    My Friday 56 from One Of Windsor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of this book but it look interesting! Here is my 56: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/friday-566874505

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds like my kind of read. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good series starter. I'm interested in adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To be honest... any book set in the South is always interesting to me. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete