Friday, November 25, 2016

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #60


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Getting Wilde (Immortal Vegas, Book 1) by Jenn Stark



The Devil was in the details. Again.



My Thoughts:  Lol…unfortunately this is true – the details really matter.  I have no clue what is going on since that is literally the first 2 sentences but it’s an interesting beginning. 

So what do you think? Do you like the cover? Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56: Also from Getting Wilde by Jenn Stark (about 56% on Kindle)


“You have his card, right?”
“Are you kidding?  It’s been keeping me warm for the past twenty minutes. Which one is he? Not that I’m planning to pay him a visit, but – “
“The Devil”


My Thoughts:  Lol…well…the beginning did mention the devil…lol…I’m curious to see what this book is all about – Amazon has been recommending it to me for months and I finally broke down and picked it up – especially since it was free!


So what do you think? Is this a book that would interest you based on the teasers you’ve read so far? Don’t forget to link up below and at Freda’s Voice.





About Getting Wilde (Immortal Vegas, Book 1) by Jenn Stark


Using her well-worn Tarot deck, magical-artifacts hunter Sara Wilde can find anything—for a price. And the price had better be right, since she needs to finance her own personal mission to rescue several young psychics recently sold on the paranormal black market.

Enter Sara’s most mysterious client and occasional lover, the wickedly sexy Magician, with a job that could yield the ultimate payday. All she’ll have to do is get behind Vatican walls… and steal the Devil himself.

But play with the Devil and you’re bound to get burned.

Pressure mounts for Sara to join the Magician’s ancient and mysterious Arcana Council, as militant forces unleashed by even darker powers seek to destroy all magic—including the young psychics Sara is desperate to keep safe. The Council may be their only hope. . . but it could also expose Sara’s own dark past.

From the twisting catacombs of Rome to the neon streets of Vegas, Sara confronts ancient enemies, powerful demigods, a roiling magical underworld about to explode… and immortal passions that might require the ultimate sacrifice. But oh, what a way to go.

No matter how the cards play out, things are about to get Wilde.




Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

10 comments:

  1. I'd love to read this. You've hooked me. The beginning sure is true, literally. LOL And doesn't it just figure, the Devil!

    My Friday 56 from The Nature Of Balance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the beginning and 56 for this one. Thanks for mentioning the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beginning and page 56 definitely makes you curious about it. I hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This books sounds like it is right up my alley. I really enjoy urban fantasy. I'm reading The Elizabeth Papers by Jenetta James this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ the 56!
    Both snippets lured me right in! Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious now! Thanks for sharing, and I love that cover.

    Here's mine: “IN A DARK, DARK WOOD”

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't often read books that feature magic, but this sounds like a story I'd enjoy. I've never read a book about a magical-artifacts hunter!
    My Friday post features KEY LARGO BLUES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely be interested in this based on the quotes - sounds paranormal with some sass/cheekiness thrown in, which I'm always a fan of!

    My Book Beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this floating around amazon recently--it sounds like such an interesting and fun read, here's hoping you enjoy it! Based on those quotes, I might just have to go pick it up myself--thanks so much for sharing!

    Happy book-ing to you in the near future! Here's my Friday 56 if you're interested in checking it out; no pressure or worries if you're not, though! Stay rockin', and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'll be adding this one to my tbr! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete