Monday, January 4, 2016

Blitz Tour for Pierce by Jolie Du Pre


Pierce
by Jolie Du Pre
A Vampire Series, Book 1 

Paranormal Romance
Date Published: December 5, 2015


 photo add-to-goodreads-button_zpsc7b3c634.png

As fanged creatures run rampant throughout the city after sunset, the life of a young African-American woman named Alicia starts to take a dark turn that may also plunge her right into the arms of her one true love. Between all the bloodlust, deceit, heartbreak, and the taking of innocent human lives, romance and the strong bonds of friendship still prevail. But it’s a notoriously crazy vampire like Bess that has made it her eternal life’s purpose to dim that sliver of light until she gets the one thing she truly wants: Dagon. With Bess’s reckless, unrequited pursuit to make him 100% hers, who will have to pay with their lives in the process? Friendships will be tested, relationships will be challenged, and humanity will be abandoned. All in the name of love and vampiric desires.


EXCERPT


After Alicia had finished with her side work, she returned to the restaurant’s dining room. There, sitting at Table 9, just like before, was Dagon.

“Your man is here,” said Susan. Susan was a vibrant redhead who loved to gab with Gail. It was obvious that Gail had filled her in.

“Yes, I know. I see him.”

“He’s so hot. We never get any hot young things in here. Why don’t you let me wait on him tonight?”

Alicia laughed. “No way. He’s a really good tipper, and I need the money.” Even if Dagon hadn’t tipped her one hundred dollars last night, she wasn’t going to let Susan steal the moment she had been waiting for.

Susan rolled her eyes. “His name is Dagon, right?”

Alicia felt her chest tense up. “Yeah, how did you know that?”

“I told him how cute he was, and I asked him his name.”

“Oh.”

“You’re not mad, are you?”

“No, why would I be mad?” Alicia turned her head away. She was mad, very mad, but when she looked over at Table 9 again, she saw Dagon smiling at her with the same enticing look he had on his face before.

“Slip him my number, okay?”

Alicia turned around. “What?”

“Would you please give him my number?” Susan shoved a small piece of paper into Alicia’s apron pocket.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“I’m serious, and I’m sure Dagon would go out with me if he knew I wanted to go out with him.”

Alicia reached into her pocket and handed the paper back to Susan. “No.”

“Just give it to him, okay? Tell him it’s from the hot redhead. Would you do that for me, please?”

“Why don’t you do it yourself? I’m not your messenger.”

“I don’t want to interrupt him, especially because you won’t let me wait on him.”

Alicia pushed the note back in her pocket. “Yeah, whatever.” She poured a cup of coffee and headed to his table, leaving Susan standing there.

“Hey, Alicia. It’s so good to see you again.”

Alicia tried not to smile too wide. “Hi. I brought you coffee. Do you want it?”

“Sure.”

Alicia set the coffee down, at which point Dagon handed her another one-hundred-dollar bill.

“Thank you so much.” Alicia tried not to beam. If he wanted to throw hundreds at her, she wasn’t about to complain. She dug into her pocket. “Here’s a note for you. It’s from the redhead who’s staring at us.”

Dagon glanced at the note and then dropped it on the table. He looked at Alicia again. “You’re as gorgeous today as you were yesterday.”

“Thank you.”

Dagon didn’t say anything more. He just stared, seemingly pleased with what he saw. It made Alicia almost melt into herself. He didn’t seem to care at all about Susan or her note.

“Is it just the coffee again?”

“Yes. I’ll enjoy watching you work.”

“Okay. I’ll be back to check on you.” Alicia hurried away to serve her other tables, her heart racing.

She had to leave the dining room to pick up her orders that were ready. But when she came back, Dagon was gone.

Contact Links



Purchase Link


 photo readingaddictionbutton_zps58fd99d6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment