Welcome to my stop on the Virtual Book Tour, presented by Tasty Virtual Book Tours, for Jilted by Rachel Johns. Please leave a comment or question for Rachel to let her know you stopped by. You can enter to win her tour wide giveaway, for a $20 Amazon GC, by filling out the Rafflecopter form below. You can also follow the rest of the tour here, the more stops you visit, the better your odds of winning.
She'd left him at the altar, but her heart was always his……
After more than ten years away, Australian soap opera star Ellie Hughes returns to the small town of Hope Junction, determined to fly under the radar while caring for her injured godmother, Matilda.
But word spreads fast in the tight-knit community. It isn't long before the people of Hope Junction are gossiping about the real reason for Ellie's visit and why she broke the heart of golden boy Flynn Quartermaine all those years ago.
Soon Ellie and Flynn are thrown back together, forced to deal with the unresolved emotions between them. Because Ellie is not the only one with secrets. Flynn has his own demons to battle, and Matilda is hiding something from her much-loved goddaughter.
When all is uncovered, can the ill-fated lovers overcome the wounds of their past? Or is Flynn destined to be jilted again?
Ten Things About JILTED by Rachael Johns
- JILTED started it’s life as a category romance book called THE RETURN OF THE RUNAWAY BRIDE. I was then targeting Harlequin Mills & Boon and planned on submitting it to the Superromance line until rural romance became a ‘thing’ in Australia and I thought I’d try write a single title instead.
- Flynn and Ellie were very much inspired by the emotions I had for my first love and high school sweetheart. It was good to mine those teenage feelings when thinking about how Flynn and Ellie felt about each other.
- Hope Junction is based on Kojonup in Western Australia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kojonup,_Western_Australia) where my family and I were living at the time.
- Ellie is a soap opera actress because a) I used to be addicted to soap opera tv shows (Home & Away and Neighbours) and b) because I minored in drama at university and always wanted to be an actress. Writing about one was the next best thing.
- Quartermaine is actually the surname of one of my now good friends, but I didn’t know her at the time I created Flynn Quartermaine.
- JILTED won the Australian Romance Readers Association Favourite Contemporary Romance of 2012.
- There is a windmill on both the US cover and the Aussie cover but there are no windmills in the book. I now wish I’d thought to write one in because I LOVE windmills.
- The US version of JILTED contains a glossary of Aussie words, therefore it is educational – i.e. Read it to learn a language!
- There is a scene in JILTED inspired by Charles Dickens’ Miss Havisham from Great Expectations.
- When my agent first read JILTED she was on a flight from Sydney to LA and she cried so much the flight attendant came up and asked her if she was okay.
- (I never was much good at counting) – Publisher’s Weekly named JILTED a Top Ten pick for fall romance books!
Rachael Johns is an English teacher by trade, a mum 24/7, a supermarket owner, a chronic arachnophobic, and a writer the rest of the time. She rarely sleeps and never irons. She writes contemporary romance for HQN and Carina Press and lives in rural Western Australia with her hyperactive husband and three mostly-gorgeous heroes-in-training. Rachael loves to hear from readers and can be contacted through her website at www.rachaeljohns.com.