Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages. To play along, please do the following:
1. Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments.
2. Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.
3. Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
4. Link your post at A Few More Pages ( or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below)
Today I'm starting True Highland Spirit by Amanda Forester :
Morrigan McNab silently drew her short sword, careful to remain hidden from the road. She checked to ensure her black head-scarf was in place, concealing her nose and mouth. The target of today’s villainy clopped toward them through the thick mud. Twelve men were in the mounted party, their rich robes identifying them as wealthy, above the common concerns of daily sustenance… in other words, perfect marks.
My Thoughts: Clearly Morrigan McNab is not a timid or fearful woman. This is interesting.
Friday Fifty Six (56)
1. Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
2. Turn to page 56.
3. Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
4. Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
5. Link your post to Freda's Voice.
This week my Friday 56 will also be from True Highland Spirit:
She should not feel desire toward anyone, especially not some French minstrel, spy, knight.......hell she did not even know what he was.
So, what's on your Friday meme post?