Friday, March 30, 2012

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 - Cinnamon Roll Murder


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader.  To play along, please do the following:

  • Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments.
  • Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.
  • Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
  • Link your post at Rose City Reader, or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below.




 "The only problem with leaving four car lengths in front of you is that four cars come in to fill up the space!"  Hannah Swenson complained to her sister Michelle, who was riding in the passenger seat of her cookie truck. 


My Thoughts: 

I've always enjoyed this series and Hannah is one of my favorite characters with her sense of humor and her outspoken manner. 


 
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice. To play along:

  • Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
  • Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.

My Friday 56 is also from Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke 

     These same thoughts had been running through Hannah's mind lately, but she didn't want to talk about it now.  It was too late.  The die was cast.  

So what's your Friday Book Beginning and 56?  



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    I love the first of your quotes (book beginnings)- it makes the book sound really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to begin this series. I have the first book on my Kindle. It sounds really cute. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The die was cast... powerful line. Can mean so many things.... Great 56!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria,

    I have only just recently started to get into the 'cozy' mystery genre, so have a great deal of catching up to do with authors and their book series. This sounds like another great candidate for one or another of my many lists.

    The first lines set the slightly humorous tone of the story, but it sounds as though by the time we reach page 56, things have taken a much more serious turn.

    I can so relate to those first lines, you have no idea just how often I complain about this exact scenario, both to my husband if we are travelling together, or out loud to myself if I am alone.

    Thanks for the introduction to a great sounding series and have a good weekend, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister is a chef and loves this series. That's a funny opening!

    Thanks for joining me on Book Beginnings!

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How true. I started this series but have not gotten very far. Something about that TBR pile. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the first book of this series and really need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i saw this on a giveaway in goodreads and being the sweet tooth i am, loved that title!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog! Sorry for not replying earlier. Home computer issues and all that, you know.

    Intriguing 'Friday 56'!

    ReplyDelete