Friday, March 2, 2012

Book Beginnings and Friday 56- Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages.  To play along, please do the following:

1. Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments.
2. Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.    
3. Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
4. Link your post at A Few More Pages ( or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below)

My first line is from Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss by Maya Banks                    

                       


There was a time in a man's life when he knew he was well and truly caught.  Devon Carter started down at the brilliant diamond solitaire ring nestled in velvet and acknowledged that this was one such time.  He snapped the lid closed and shoved the box into the breast pocket of his suit.


This really tells me Devon is not happy about the situation he's finding himself in if he's thinking of himself in terms of being "well and truly caught".  This is a bad way to go into any relationship. 









The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice.  To play along:


1. Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
2. Turn to page 56.
3. Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
4. Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
5. Link your post to Freda's Voice.


This week my Friday 56 will also be from Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss by Maya Banks.  Since I'm using the Kindle version - I'm estimating as to where page 56 is:)


     She gaped at him.  "Forget it?  You want me to just forget I saw an email from my father basically admitting he bought me a husband?  Or at least manipulated you somehow into marrying me?  This is my wedding night, Devon.  Am I supposed to pretend I didn't see the email?".   



So what's your Friday meme post?  





8 comments:

  1. I'd be pissed too... talk about the ultimate betrayal. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh, wonder what he's going to do or say? Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be proper angry! Although, if you were already married, you might as well take advantage of your wedding night! I'm a new follower. Hop om over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2012/03/this-friday-night.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! What a discovering of truth and 'Ouch' to the arranged marriage without knowing! Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! That doesn't not sound like the right way to spend a wedding night!

    Here's my Friday 56: Friday 56 @ Megan Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! I want to know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Interesting'Friday 56'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! this doesn't sound like a good way to start a marriage. talk about secrets!

    ReplyDelete