Friday, April 29, 2016

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #30


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Eidolon (Wraith Kings, Book 2) by Grace Draven

When Kirgipa accepted the coveted position of second nursemaid to the youngest of the Kai heir apparent’s brood, she never imagined the role entailed consecutives days of sleep deprivation and exile to the furthest corner of the palace. 

My Thoughts:  Being the oldest of four children, I’m very aware about “younger” children and their care.  Especially since my youngest sister was born when I was fourteen, and I vividly remember changing her diapers and dealing with her crying so I can totally relate to how Kirgipa feels…lol

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56: Also from Eidolon (Wraith Kings, Book 2) at the 56% point on my Kindle. 

“What are you up to, Ildiko?” he wanted to ask but held his silence and finished the remainder of the supper in conversation with Serovek, Megiddo, and members of the sejm.  He stood to call an official end to the meal, halting when the doors to the hall opened, and a troop of Kai, led by Anhuset, entered.

My Thoughts:  Brishen and Ildiko are both in a very emotional state at this time due to the events which have taken place and Brishen is worried about his marriage, his “presumptive” position on the Kai throne (something he never wanted) and dealing with a horde of demons that have been loosed on the population.  

What do you think?  I’ve already finished this book and loved it!  Hopefully I will actually get the time to write a review this weekend for it (and a bunch of other books I need to write reviews for).  Don't forget to link up to Freda's Voice.  





About Eidolon (Wraith Kings, Book 2) by Grace Draven


In a bid for more power, the Shadow Queen of Haradis has unleashed a malignant force into the world. Her son Brishen, younger prince of the Kai royal house, suddenly finds himself ruler of a kingdom blighted by a diseased darkness and on the brink of war. His human wife Ildiko must decide if she will give up the man she loves in order to secure his throne.

Three enemy kingdoms must unite to save each other, and a one-eyed, reluctant king must raise an army of the dead to defeat an army of the damned.

A tale of alliance and sacrifice.


Sequel to RADIANCE and Book #2 in the Wraith Kings series 



Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I don't know if this one is for me based on the cover but after reading the synopsis it seems like something I can get behind. Thanks for sharing.

    Danica @ A Redheaded Bookworm
    I feature Red Rising on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I'll have to look for the first book. Today I am featuring Dragon Harper by Anne McCaffrey as I work to lower TBR mountain. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I also am behind on my reviews. I'm featuring Fortune's Rocks this week. Hope you do some reading this weekend, as well as getting those reviews out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't gotten into this genre, so I'm not sure if this book is for me. However, I like the opening sentence a lot. Because I have two younger brothers (one born when I was 11) and one son, I can definitely relate to sleep deprivation!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks interesting. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What weird names... not like Freda is special... lol... you know what I mean though. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always hesitant over this genre. I think it's the challenge of pronouncing the strange names. LOL Might try this one as I like the character dynamics. I laughed out loud over the Friday happy dance!

    My Friday 56 from Titans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting excerpts and blurb...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks intriguing. I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what to think when I see fantasy books that simply remind me of LOTR. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Friday Happy Dance photo. Cute.

    I hope you are enjoying your book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds really familiar and I can't quite figure out why...sounds good though!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete