Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. To play along, please do the following:
- Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments.
- Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.
- Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
- Link your post at Rose City Reader, or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below.
The book I'm reading right now is EndGame (Last Chance Series, Book 1) by Dee Davis
New York City
BINGHAM SMITH WAS LATE. Which wasn't all that unusual, but given the fact that his driver hadn't shown up, and that he was due to close a deal in less than an hour, it held potential for disaster.
Cursing softly under his breath, he closed his umbrella, eyed the surging crowd and stepped onto the staircase leading into the bowels of the city. Subways disgusted him. Humanity pressed together, pushing and shoving, all decorum lost.
My thoughts: I'd prefer to avoid the subway too if I was used to the comfort of having my own driver to take me all over town.
- Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
- Turn to page 56.
- Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
- Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
- Link your post to Freda's Voice.
I'm using the same book for my Friday 56: EndGame (Last Chance Series, Book 1) by Dee Davis
Not quite sure if this is page 56 - using Kindle
It was enough to drive a man to drink.
He stopped at the door to the bar, the lively conversation inside enticing. Normally he didn't drink this early in the day, but at the moment the idea held real merit.
My Thoughts: Not sure what he's going through but I've had those days when you really start to think about the fact it's got to be 5 O'Clock somewhere.....lol
About EndGame (Last Chance Series, Book 1)
FBI criminal profiler Madison Harper understands dangerous minds. Tough, tenacious, with nerves of steel, she’s the best of the best. So is her new partner, Gabriel Roarke, a crack CIA operative who likes to do things his way. When the two are forced to jointly head up a task force investigating murder in high places – it’s no surprise that sparks begin to fly.
As they race through a shadow world of power, politics and deadly secrets, the passion that simmers between Madison and Gabriel soon ignites. But a clever killer at the top of his game
has challenged Madison to play to the very end. Now all she can trust is her instincts—and Gabriel, the one man reckless enough to keep her alive...
Rio Award winner, Endgame is the first novel in Dee Davis's newly re-released Last Chance Series. Don't miss the other books in the series: Enigma and Exposure.
Please play along and if you decide to follow my blog, let me know and I'll return the favor.