Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - The Inn At Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber




"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which highlights upcoming release we are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is The Inn at Rose Harbor (Rose Harbor Inn #1)  by Debbie Macomber.




Author: Debbie Macomber
Expected Release Date: August 14, 2012

About The Inn at Rose Harbor:

Jo Marie Rose first arrives in Cedar Cove seeking a sense of peace and a fresh start. Coping with the death of her husband, she purchases a local bed-and-breakfast—the newly christened Rose Harbor Inn—ready to begin her life anew. Yet the inn holds more surprises than Jo Marie can imagine.

Her first guest is Joshua Weaver, who has come home to care for his ailing stepfather. The two have never seen eye to eye, and Joshua has little hope that they can reconcile their differences. But a long-lost acquaintance from Joshua’s high school days proves to him that forgiveness is never out of reach and love can bloom even where it’s least expected.

The other guest is Abby Kincaid, who has returned to Cedar Cove to attend her brother’s wedding. Back for the first time in twenty years, she almost wishes she hadn’t come, the picturesque town harboring painful memories from her past. And while Abby reconnects with family and old friends, she realizes she can only move on if she truly allows herself to let go. 


Why I'm waiting for this book:  

Debbie Macomber is a tried and true author who I consider a "comfort read".  I always know I'm going to get a story which involves family, some kind of trouble and usually a second chance at love.  There is always a happy ending and the secondary characters help ensure that.  Her books evoke a feeling of "community" which I think most people no longer get to experience and which I consider lost in most suburban and large cities - which is why I'm drawn to stories about small town life.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to play along? Just post your WoW entry on your blog and leave your link at Breaking the Spine and below.








7 comments:

  1. Oh...I really like books that take place in hotels or inns. I'll have to watch out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use a good romance right now. Good pick! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my type of read but thank you for stopping by and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comfort Read - I like that! I love 'starting over' storylines, so I'll be adding this one to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    Diana
    My Waiting On Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. As many romance books that I have read you think I would have picked up Debbie Macomber but I haven't . I need to check her out. Nice pick

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually haven't read anything by Debbie Macomber but I hear great things! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read anything by Debbie Macomber before, but this sounds really nice! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete