Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - A Dangerous Liaison With Detective Lewis by Jillian Stone



"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which highlights upcoming release we are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Lewis by Jillian Stone.




A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Lewis (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, Book 2) 

by Jillian Stone
Release Date: August 28, 2012

The fates had been perversely mischievous of late—case in point, Raphael Lewis. . . .


When Fanny Greyville-Nugent’s father suffers a gruesome death in the clutches of his own machine, mourning his loss is not the beautiful heiress’s only heartbreak. Scotland Yard is convinced he was targeted in a plot to halt the rise of industry, and Fanny’s former fiancé, dashing and dubious detective Raphael “Rafe” Lewis, has been assigned to the case.

For the estranged ex-lovers, bringing the notorious assassins to justice proves as tumultuous as quelling pent-up desires. Fighting peril and passion at every turn of a dangerous journey from Edinburgh to London, they are pursued by an anarchist group hell-bent on destroying her father’s mysterious entry into the London Industrial Exposition.

When an astonishing discovery about the couple’s failed engagement surfaces, the sleuthing duo realize they can trust no one. Rafe confesses new details about his infidelity and Fanny risks all to avenge her father’s murder. But will Rafe and Fanny triumph over the pain of their past?


Why I'm waiting on this release:

I really enjoyed the first book in the series, An Affair with Mr. Kennedy, and this is another interesting venture into steampunk romance.  Plus, I really like the cover.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to play along?  Just post your Wow entry on your blog and leave your link at Breaking the Spine and below.



Want to order your copy?  


13 comments:

  1. love steampunk!

    stop by my post?! I have an ARC giveaway of my pick! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this looks good. I like books that have different elements sprinkled into the story. I will have to keep my eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this does look good! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i haven't read anything by jillian stone yet but i think i have a copy of affair with mr. kennedy somewhere. great pick!

    our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this series. It sounds really interesting. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the first one but they both sound good. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds amazing! And sexy! WOOT WOOT! :D I love books like this! Great pick and thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's My WoW post! 

    Btw...I am a new follower! :)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mystery AND steampunk?! Looks like I've got to check out this series! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the cover too! Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! Adding it to the TBR list.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the dress on the cover, it's such a nice blue! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read many steampunk romances but this one sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete