Friday, August 18, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #91


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

I Know A Secret (Rizzoli & Isles, Book 12) by Tess Gerritsen



WHEN I WAS SEVEN YEARS old, I learned how important it is to cry at funerals. On that particular summer day, the man lying in the coffin was my great uncle Orson, who was most memorable for his foul-smelling cigars and his stinky breath and his unabashed farting.  
My Thoughts:  I think we've all been here - an elderly relative whose grasp on the social graces isn't quite up to society's standards anymore...lol

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 ( also from I Know A Secret by Tess Gerritsen – about 56% of Kindle version):  

“Know what?”

“About the Apple Tree.  About what those people did to me.  You don’t seem to understand how something like that changes you.  Or what it’s like when everyone knows you were molested.  When they look at you, the whole time they’re imagining…..”


My Thoughts:  I haven't started this book yet and I really don't know who's talking in this scene but I suspect we are going to discover something really unpleasant about either a relative of Jane's or Maura's.  I'm very curious about this scene.


So what do you think?  Do the teasers tempt you?  Have you read this series? Don’t forget to link up below and at Freda’s Voice




About I Know A Secret (Rizzoli & Isles, Book 12) by Tess Gerritsen


The crime scene is unlike any that Detective Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles have ever before encountered. The woman lies in apparently peaceful repose on her bed, and Maura finds no apparent cause of death, but there is no doubt the woman is indeed dead. The victim’s eyes have been removed and placed in the palm of her hand, a gesture that echoes the terrifying films she produces. Is a crazed movie fan reenacting scenes from those disturbing films?

When another victim is found, again with no apparent cause of death, again with a grotesquely staged crime scene, Jane and Maura realize the killer has widened his circle of targets. He’s chosen one particular woman for his next victim, and she knows he’s coming for her next. She’s the only one who can help Jane and Maura catch the killer.

But she knows a secret. And it’s a secret she’ll never tell.



Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

7 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I really need to start this series. I'm reading White Hot by Ilona Andrews this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that 56 pulled me right in. Hooker, line and sinker! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only read one Tess Gerritsen book, one of her medical thrillers, which I enjoyed. I have heard a lot about this series--saw one episode of the TV show. The excerpts you shared have got me interested, as did the blurb. Those do sound like gruesome murders! Thank you for sharing, Maria. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read this series, but I loved the TV show Rizzoli & Isles, so now I must start reading these books. The themes grab me. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “HERE & GONE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that opening paragraph is quite the opening I was expecting. Is the book all silliness? My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete