Friday, July 7, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #87


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Relic (Pendergast, Book 1) by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child



The Amazon Basin                                     September 1987                                                                                                                     At noon, the clouds clinging to the top of erro Gordo broke free and scattered. Far above, in the reaches of the forest canopy, Whittlesey could see golden tints of sunlight.               
My Thoughts:  A couple of years ago someone recommended this series to me and I've been listening in the car to the Jeremy Logan series by Lincoln Child so I decided to give this a go and borrowed it from my local library.  So far the beginning is okay.  

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child – about 56% on Kindle):  

"She knew they were going to take the figure back!" Smithback said. "That must have been the curse she was talking about!"  He read on. 


My Thoughts:  I haven’t gotten this far into the book but I do know what he's reading - something we find out about in chapter two of the book.  I'm really looking forward into sinking my teeth into this book.  


So what do you think?  Do the teasers tempt you? Don’t forget to leave your link below and to link up at Freda’s Voice





About Relic (Pendergast, Book 1) by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

Just days before a massive exhibition opens at the popular New York Museum of Natural History, visitors are being savagely murdered in the museum's dark hallways and secret rooms. Autopsies indicate that the killer cannot be human...

But the museum's directors plan to go ahead with a big bash to celebrate the new exhibition, in spite of the murders.


Museum researcher Margo Green must find out who--or what--is doing the killing. But can she do it in time to stop the massacre?



Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the book. Hope you do too.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read. I have read one Preston & Child Pendergast a while back, though I can't recall the title name.... :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Mine this week is from Murder in Mayfair by D. M. Quincy - a historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good - hope you enjoy, I'm reading Difficult Women by Roxanne Gay this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the quote from page 56 better than the opening line. It seems confusing. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series and always forget this was the first book. Loved it and the movie too.

    My Friday 56 from Fifteen Inches Tall And Bullet Proof

    ReplyDelete