Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader. To play along, please do the following:
- Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments.
- Make sure to share the name of the book and the author so we know what you're reading.
- Feel free to share your first impressions with us based on the first line.
- Link your post at Rose City Reader, or if you don't have a blog, leave it in the comments below.
SHHHH! It's A Secret!
That line had run around in Jasmine's mind all day on a continuous loop. She imagined two little girls playing out on the grassy lawn with their Barbie dolls, and it was a secret where Barbie and Ken were going for dinner.
I've enjoyed the books in this series so far and it sounds as if this one is off to a good start.
- Grab the book closest to you, any book will do.
- Turn to page 56.
- Choose the fifth (5th) sentence or a few more (just don't spoil it too much).
- Post it on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, post it in the comments below.
- Link your post to Freda's Voice.
My Friday 56 is also from One Hot Cowboy Wedding:
Ace settled into the seat next to her and got comfortable. He buckled his seat belt, leaned his head back, and shut his eyes.
Jasmine envied his ability to doze while the flight attendant gave the "hang onto the seat cushion and use it as a floatation device speech. He didn't even open his eyes when the captain's deep voice came over the intercom and said that they would arrive in Houston, Texas in two hours and forty-three minutes.