IN THE DECADENT COURT OF CHARLES II, SHE WANTED A MOST UNSUITABLE MAN—HER HUSBAND.
Orphaned and raised by her uncle, the feisty sixteen-year-old Chelynne resolves to show her gratitude by marrying the man of her uncle's choice. Bracing herself for a graying, sickly noble, the last man she expects for a husband is the dashing future Earl of Bryant, Chadwick Hawthorne—suddenly, being a loving wife doesn't seem too hard a task. But he spurns her affection and remains her husband only in name, never in deed. Tormented by unfinished business from his past and an uprising threatening his land, Chad resolves to keep his distance from everyone, including his young wife.
Chelynne will go to any lengths to ignite her husband’s passion and save their marriage. But when she finally goes too far, the Earl must share his dark secret before Chelynne loses her reputation—or worse, her life.
Set during the English Restoration, CHELYNNE is filled with political conspiracies, family secrets, and shocking affairs, creating a deliciously complicated plot. Fans of VIRGIN RIVER are going to love this historical novel written with Robyn's trademark zest for life.
Robyn Carr is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of The Virgin River Series, published by Mira. CHELYNNE is the first of her nine historical novels, which will be reissued as digital editions in the coming months.
1. Answer the question: Do you look forward to authors re-releasing their backlist via digital format? Be honest, I'm just curious to how other's feel.
2. You must leave your email address so that I may contact the winner. You can put spaces in the name in case you are worried about spam.
3. You must be a follower of the blog.
4. Open to anyone with a Kindle or the Kindle App in the U.S. only.
5. Winner to be chosen by Random.org on Sunday night, September 25, 2011
Good Luck Everyone!
FTC Disclosure: Prize being awarded purchased by review site.